Impingement Mix Heads
Call for a Quote: 616.394.0191
MHR Tri-Tilt Impingement
Mix Heads – For non-abrassive and abrasive applications
MHR’s Tri-Tilt Mix Head provides an improved chemical mixing action for the Polyurethane/Foam industry. Development of the Tri-Tilt Mix Head was done utilizing Computational Fluid Dynamics Technology. The computerized simulation of material flow through the orifices at high pressure and various tilted positions has allowed MHR’s Tri-Tilt Mix Head to achieve nearly perfect mix in the mix chamber and as the material flows from nose nozzle into the mold. It was determined that these superior mix results could be accomplished through non-linear and non-coplanar impingement occurring along 3 independent axises.
The net result for the molding operation that uses MHR’s Tri-Tilt Impingement Mix Heads is a highly improved, consistent, well-mixed laminar flow output with a consistent cellular structure throughout the finished product.
MHR’s customers find significant improvement in their difficult-to-mold parts; we expect the same for your operation.
Mix Head Features:
- Triple shaft seal and scraper bushing on clean-out rod
- Long-wearing clean-out and pour rods
- Adjustable clean-out stroke for better mix control
- PFTE, VITON and other seal materials compatible with MPI, TDI, and corrosive blowing agents
- 2 proximity switches – PNP 3-wired D.C. current, normally open
- Orifice sizes: 0.5MM through 4.2 MM. Your specific sizes supplied with mix head
- Chemical and hydraulic ports: SAE straight thread ‘O’ ring fittings with JCI 37° flared ends. Your specific sizes supplied with mix head
- Clean-out hydraulics separated from chemicals with one piece cylinder extension with windows
- Third stream color port (optional) for dosing system or recirculation system
- MHR TRI Mix Heads can be customized to meet your requirements including custom seals
|MINIMUM THROUGH PUT||MAXIMUM THROUGH PUT|
|MODEL||SIZE/INCHES||WT. (LBS)||OPEN & CLOSED MOLD||OPEN MOLD LAMINAR FLOW||CLOSED MOLD|
|A (Height)||B (Width)||C (Length)||1:1 RATIO||2:1 RATIO||1:1 RATIO||2:1 RATIO||1:1 RATIO||2:1 RATIO||ADJ. STOKE MAX % CLOSE OFF|
|MHR TT 8/12||6.13||5.62||14.88||19||60 g/s||90 g/s||340 g/s||255 g/s||420 g/s||315 g/s||60%|
|MHR TT 10/14||6.91||7.48||16.85||35||100 g/s||135 g/s||460 g/s||345 g/s||1000 g/s||750 g/s||60%|
|MHR TT 12/18||7.29||7.71||19.03||44||160 g/s||240 g/s||760 g/s||570 g/s||2000 g/s||1500 g/s||60%|